For many centuries, people have accumulated experience in herbal medicine. Phytotherapy also gives excellent results in skin care. More and more women are abandoning expensive cosmetics and switching to homemade beauty products that are made by hand only from natural ingredients. Folk remedies derived from herbal remedies for wrinkles are an excellent alternative to beauty procedures in salons and clinics.
The healing effect of herbs
Herbal cosmetics contain minerals, organic acids and other elements that are essential for the full functioning of epithelial tissues.
Cosmetologists divided herbs into groups based on skin type and problems. More than 2 thousand species of medicinal plants are known for traditional medicine, 20 products are used in home medical cosmetics, including:
- Oily skin is more suited to nettle, planet, mint;
- thyme, oregano, calendula are best used by women with a dry type surface;
- Parsley, dandelion, celandine have whitening properties;
- Soothes, relieves inflammation, promotes oak bark, chamomile, calendula or yarn;
- Rosemary sage will relieve wrinkles around the eyes, in the mouth, on the forehead;
- Lime, St. John's wort helps to narrow the pores, tones the epidermis, removes oily shine;
- Kelp reviews for facial rejuvenation - sea grass, appreciate its unique effect on the skin.
Rules for use at home
Herbal infusions and decoctions can save the skin from many defects and premature aging. In order for the result to be as effective as possible, it is necessary to follow a few rules of their use at home, as well as know the specifics of the specific recipe. To begin with, it is important to familiarize yourself with the basics of phytocosmetology before applying it in practice.
Basic recommendations for the use of medicinal plants:
- There are several ways to use herbs on the face: add them to masks, for daily washing, baths or lotions, prepare cosmetic ice.
- The first thing to do is check for an allergic reaction on a small area of skin on the arm and only after making sure it is not, apply the product on the face.
- If you have a favorite homemade mask, it is easy to improve it by replacing the liquid component (milk, juice) with the herbal broth.
- After a course of 10-15 herbal masks, you need a short break, and then change the composition of the product so that the skin does not "get used".
- If the plants are collected independently, they can not even be dried, they can still be used fresh.
- All decoction recipes are best used immediately or within a few hours of preparation.
- It is best to use glass or ceramic containers to store cosmetic formulations.
- If there are new scratches, acne, inflammation, scars or traces of recent plastic surgery on the face, it is better to postpone the procedure with healing herbs.
- Collected plants can be stored for two years in a dry, out of reach of the sun.
Lasting any herbal mask on the face should be no more than 30 minutes. Because like all useful plants it is biologically active for only half an hour.
Regular use of folk beauty recipes will help you achieve excellent results. So, for oily skin masks it is better to use twice a week, and for dry skin - once. For prevention it is enough to do a herbal mask once in ten days.
Advantages of medical cosmetics
The contribution of plants to skin rejuvenation is colossal. Many factors contribute to this:
- Naturalness, environmental friendliness of components;
- Deep action of masks, decoctions;
- The richness, variety of plants allows you to choose the right recipe for any type;
- Slows down aging, intensively moisturizes, gives elasticity, healthy color, it is possible to avoid irritation, inflammation without fear for the health of the body;
- Medicinal herbs are 100% absorbed by cells, unlike cosmetics with chemical components.
Another name for this herb for youngsters is oregano. The plant contains biologically active substances, essential oil, ascorbic acid. Oregano cleanses, rejuvenates complexion, softens wrinkles, relieves inflammation. The plant stimulates the production of collagen, a protein responsible for skin elasticity. Oregano is a good antiseptic, so its extract is used for acne, micro-cracks or wounds.
Anti-aging skin recipes:
- 10 g of oregano pour 400 ml of boiling water, boil in a water bath for 10 minutes. Cool, drain. Use the liquid as a thermal water, tonic, cleanser.
- To 5 ml of decoction prepared according to the above recipe, add 5 ml of grape seed oil and 8 drops of vitamin A. Pour the liquid into ice cubes, freeze. Rub the skin with bricks in the evening.
- 5 g of crushed oregano pour 100 ml of alcohol. Keep the mixture in a dark place for 2 weeks. This remedy treats inflammation and acne, enriches with antiseptic ointments or tonics. It is not used in its pure form.
- Mix 5 ml of oregano infusion (recipe above), 50 ml of chamomile decoction, 4 drops of sandalwood essential oil. Massage your face in the morning and evening with tonic. Relieves inflammation, whitens the skin, strengthens thin blood vessels.
When to use and contraindications
Herbs can be used to combat imperfections:
- Inflammation, acne;
- Multiple age spots;
- Formation of new wrinkles;
- Excessive dryness, flaking of the skin
- Allergic reactions, itching, redness;
- Swelling, bruising in the eye area;
- Oily radiance, dull color of the epidermis.
There are several contraindications to the use of herbal cosmetics:
- Individual allergy to the drug;
- Diseases related to the circulatory system, oncology;
- Postoperative condition (presence of new wounds).
Herbs for facial wrinkles
The desired effect in combating the signs of skin aging can be achieved with herbal infusions with daily washing.
Moreover, washing can achieve several results at once:
- Cleansing of sweat and sebaceous secretions, dust and dirt particles;
- Remove acne, relieves inflammation, narrow pores;
- Tones the skin.
What you need to know about preparing and using a tonic for washing:
- Prepare the product on water or alcohol: water tonic is stored for no more than two days, alcohol - up to two weeks;
- Use herbs: chamomile, sage, parsley, celandine; Urticaria, St. John's wort, green tea;
- Natural vegetable juices - aloe, citrus, cucumber;
- The tonic does not require rinsing;
- Use the remedy every evening and morning.
Recipes that restore facial youth and beauty
Cleansing, replenishing the water balance of the cells will promote a tonic action based on lime blossom. Need 2s. K. Flowers, pour 250 ml of boiling water, cover the container, drain half an hour later. Cleanse the skin in the morning and evening.
For cleansing oily skin exclusively, use 1 tsp. K. Herb complex (calendula flowers, cornflower, violet) and 1 tbsp. K. Chamomile, pour boiling water (0, 5 l). The next day, rub the problem areas with the paste. The tool removes impurities, refreshes the skin.
Aloe juice and oatmeal mask will help you get rid of wrinkles around the eyes. Mix the ingredients in a 2: 1 ratio, apply the mixture in a thin layer for 10 minutes. Remove the rest with a cotton pad.
Another proven version of the rejuvenation mask is made from a precipitate of nettle leaves, st. Collect 0. 5 liters of liquid. Leave the product for about 3 hours, crush to a uniform consistency (if possible), then redistribute the mass on cleansed skin. Rinse off the residue after half an hour.
To restore a healthy glow, the elasticity of the epidermis will help with a mint and green tea mask (1 tablespoon of each component). Pour boiling water over the mixture for a while. Then drain the water (can be used as a tonic, ice base), put the herbs themselves on the surface. After 15 minutes, remove the tincture.
If you still do not trust the rejuvenating power of herbs, then I advise you to study the information about the kind of pharmaceutical products, maybe the methods of traditional medicine are more suitable for you.
The plant is rich in antioxidants and biologically active substances that soften wrinkles and remove age spots. Sage extract slows down the aging process, tones, softens and rejuvenates the skin, regulates the sebaceous glands. The plant also helps to get rid of acne, pimples and rosacea - enlarged capillaries on the face. The herb is suitable for any type of healthy or problem skin.
Methods of preparation and use:
- Decoction wash. Pour 1, 5 tsp. K. Sage 1 cup boiling water and then boil the mixture in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. Drain the liquid, cool. In the morning, after a thorough cleansing of the skin, wash your face with decor.
- Massage mixture. Mix 5 ml of base oil and 2 drops of sage essential oil. Perform active skin strokes from the middle of the forehead to the thighs, from the chin and nose wings to the ears, then counterclockwise around the eyelids. On the same lines make shots, taps, pressure.
- Cosmetic ice tonic. Pour 7 g of sage herb and 1 g of chamomile flower in 120 ml of hot water (not boiling water). Put the product in a closed container for 1 hour. Add 3 drops of sage essential oil. Stir, squeeze. Pour into molds, send in the freezer. In the morning and evening, cleanse the face with an ice cube along the lines of lymphatic flow.
This is what you need to know when rejuvenating with herbs!
- Some herbs are allergenic. Perform a trial test before using the cosmetic product.
- For cosmetic purposes, use pharmacy-bought herbs (guaranteed quality) or collected in proven, environmentally friendly areas.
- Examine the properties of each component, the properties, they should be aimed at solving the problem, depending on the type of surface.
- Prepare the decoction for a maximum of 3 days of use, store the ground mixtures for no more than 2 days.
- For more effect, do not forget to include anti-aging foods in your daily diet, massage, facial gymnastics.
- Facial bath after energy massage promotes rapid saturation of cells with nutrients, activates processes including the production of collagen and elastin fibers.
- Cosmetic vegetable ice effectively moisturizes and nourishes epithelial cells. Learn more about making ice wonder recipes here.
This anti-aging herb is used in Ayurveda, Indian folk medicine. Dried roots and stems, loose powder or extract in capsules are suitable for rejuvenation. When taken, guducci removes toxins, heals the liver, strengthens the immune system, improves metabolism. External use relieves acne, tones, soothes the skin.
- Cucumber face mask - useful properties and step-by-step recipes for home preparation with photos
- Echinacea purpurea
- Herbs to enhance potency in men
Guducci powder in capsules is sold in Ayurvedic stores. The second name of the plant is Giloy. It is taken according to the instructions, usually 1 tablet (0. 5-1 g) twice a day with warm water, honey or cream. Masks, scrubs are added to the capsule powder, but it is desirable to take.
Cucumber benefits for the skin
Cucumber is a natural nourishing serum that is rich in vitamins. Due to its high water content, cucumber is considered a natural absorber, moisturizer and storehouse of vitamins (B1, B2, ascorbic acid, K, iodine, sulfur). This is why this heavy ingredient is used in cosmetology. Cucumber benefits for the skin:
- Has a rejuvenating and restorative effect;
- Will update;
- Improves turgor;
- Has a positive effect on metabolic processes;
- Removes dark circles under the eyes;
- Relieves swelling;
- Removes age spots.
If you need to get rid of dark circles around the eyes, remove age spots, rejuvenate or refresh, you should use cucumber for the face in the form of slices or circles. If facial skin is at risk of dehydration, then a mask based on grated cucumber or cucumber juice, oatmeal, cottage cheese will always come to the rescue.
How to get rid of the first wrinkles on the face with cosmetics
In the modern world, the market for cosmetics is full of different names, among which you can most often hear the following: creams, oils, gels, masks, serums and balms. Each of them has its own mechanism of action. In total, we can distinguish three large groups:
- Hyaluronic acid-based preparations are mainly used as a moisturizer and are a means of preventing wrinkles. The molecules of such products are so large that they can not penetrate deep into the dermis, but can moisturize well and protect against dehydration.
- Products containing collagen and elastin are perfect for rejuvenation.
- Peptide-containing products are mainly composed of peptide-related amino acid molecules. Each of them has its own structure. In everyday life they are called "targeted signaling peptides" because they can inhibit the transmission of nerve impulses to the facial muscles, initiate the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, collagen, and so on. Sh. As a result of using such means the muscles are completely relaxed. , Collagen fibers are restructured and the contour stretching effect occurs.
How do folk remedies work?
Let's find out how the folk remedies used for mimic wrinkles work. Main action:
- Moisturizing. Moisture loss and excessive dryness are one of the main causes of expression lines. Natural oils, dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits have a moisturizing effect.
- food. Supplemental intake of vitamins, minerals and amino acids maintains healthy skin. Oils, fruits, berries, herbs, egg yolks have a nourishing effect.
- Lifting effect. Over time, the skin not only wrinkles, but also begins to fall out. To strengthen the skin by folk methods is recommended to use egg white, starch, gelatin.
- Eliminate swelling. Swelling often occurs under the eyes, to eliminate them it is recommended to use masks with raw potatoes and parsley.
Get rid of wrinkles around the lips
Vertical wrinkles of the oral cavity usually appear later than other mimic wrinkles. But they make the look older. Best of all, do not wait for wrinkles to appear, but start making masks prophylactically.
- With pumpkin seeds.You need to clean the raw pumpkin seeds and grind them in a blender until they become smooth. For a tablespoon of crushed seeds take 10 ml of castor oil and almond oil. Grind everything. Apply a thick layer around the lips for half an hour.
- Starch.You will need dry potato or corn starch. A tablespoon of this product should be mixed with vegetable oil. It is advisable to take flax seeds, but you can use any other unrefined. To make it easier to mix the starch with the oil, literally pour in the drops, mixing well. The result should be a thick mixture of toothpaste consistency. Apply the prepared "paste" around the lips for half an hour.
- With sour cabbage.The cabbage should be ground in a blender until a homogeneous puree is obtained. Teaspoon unrefined vegetable oil Add a tablespoon of cabbage puree. Apply the resulting mass on the problem area for twenty minutes.
- With peas.Two types of masks are made from peas. Dry peas are used for the first option, fresh or freshly frozen green peas are used for the second. The first version of the mask is made as follows: Grind dry peas in a coffee grinder to a floury state. Spoon the resulting product into a small amount of hot milk to get a thick mass. Add 5 ml of cosmetic oil (any) to the cooled mass. Apply the mixture for a quarter of an hour. The second version of the mask is made even easier. Mash the fresh peas and mix the thick sour cream in one ratio. If freshly frozen product is used, then it should be allowed to thaw. Canned green peas can not be used to prepare a rejuvenating mask.
- Apples.Fresh apples are used to prepare this composition. It should be shredded and grated on a fine grater. On a tablespoon of apples take a teaspoon of liquid honey, grind. Apply for twenty minutes.
- Ხაჭო.This composition requires fresh cottage cheese, ideally home-made. Tablespoon cottage cheese Mix a tablespoon of freshly prepared carrot juice. If the cottage cheese was dry and the mass turned out thick, add a little kefir or sour cream. Apply the mixture on the skin around the lips for thirty minutes.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp. K. Spoon of natural yogurt, 2 teaspoons of ground banana, half a teaspoon of honey or olive oil.
Mix all the ingredients into a homogeneous mass and apply on face for 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask with cosmetic wipes and rinse off the residue with water.
With pepper flour
You will need: 1 tbsp. K. Spoon of pepper flour, 100 g of water, 1 tbsp. K. Teaspoon olive oil, half a teaspoon of vitamin E oily solution, 1 heart.
How beauty salons offer to get rid of mimic wrinkles
Modern cosmetology fascinates us with new techniques. Some anti-aging methods can be found in almost every salon. The following is a list of the most common:
Laser surface restoration.
The object of influence is not the eyes and the area around them, but directly the cheek area. All manipulations are performed along their line. And yet, grinding is considered to be the best of all existing methods. But this surgery has one global disadvantage: it unfortunately damages the skin badly. For a quality result it is necessary to perform this procedure in a good salon on reliable equipment. From the above we can conclude that it is not worth considering such grinding as the best option.
Also carried along the cheeks. True, here is one caveat: this operation is absolutely individual. And only a qualified specialist can do that.
Stimulates cells to regenerate faster under the influence of pulsed light flashes. Collagen and elastin also begin to be produced more productively. The effectiveness is obvious - the tone is evened out, and the wrinkles are smoothed.
The basis of this procedure is the introduction of products containing hyaluronic acid into the subcutaneous space, which makes it possible to get rid of wrinkles and helps to forget about their existence for some time.
One thing combines all the proposed methods - a visible result in a short time. But each has its strengths and weaknesses. The main disadvantage, perhaps, can be considered their high cost. And given that the whole course is needed, such rejuvenation can greatly affect a family budget.
Reasons for appearance
The face is the most vulnerable part of the body, so the skin in this area is exposed to negative impact on a daily basis. Therefore, the appearance of facial wrinkles is inevitable even in people who are reluctant to express their feelings. At first an unnoticed grid appears, and then the wrinkles deepen.
Causes of facial wrinkles can be divided into internal and external. thatInternal factorsCan be attributed to:
- Physiological aging. This process is natural and inevitable.
- activeFacial expressions. This factor can be controlled. Of course, it is impossible not to use facial expressions at all, but you have to learn the habit of frowning or closing your eyes.
- Acute weight loss.It is advisable to control your body weight and try to avoid sudden weight gain.
- ᲪCood habits. It is known that smokers get wrinkles earlier.
- Influenceenvironment. Many factors negatively affect the condition of the skin - wind, poor water quality, polluted and very dry air, frost, ultraviolet.
- Climate characteristics. Living in very hot or very cold places increases the risk of early wrinkles.
To reduce the negative impact of external factors, you should try to protect your skin. Use creams with an ultraviolet filter to protect your skin from frost and wind.
Fish oil - a natural nourishment for facial skin
Fish oil is an indispensable folk remedy. It helps to improve the appearance and enrich it with a full set of vitamins rich in fish oil. It is used not only for the preparation of masks, but also for internal use, due to which all the toxins and toxins that cause acne are expelled from the body. Fish oil for face and its benefits:
- Suitable for all skin types;
- An ideal component for young girls and women of all ages;
- Effectively softens wrinkles;
- Nourishes facial skin;
- Helps to improve the appearance;
- Normalizes hormonal levels and metabolic processes;
The popular mask recipe is made on the basis of capsule fish oil, all you have to do is arm yourself with a syringe and completely remove the contents of the capsule, then apply a thin layer of fat on the problem areas (forehead, chin, eyes).
How to fight wrinkles differently: Effective ways to remove and cleanse the skin on the face
Use milk not only as a component of various cosmetics, but also as a detergent. Of course, this refers to natural village milk and not powder. Dilute milk in equal proportions with hot water and wash face. Then remove excess liquid from the face and apply a nourishing cream. This procedure should be performed at night.
In addition to creams, masks, scrubs, use a variety of herbal infusions and decoctions (chamomile, parsley, bay leaf) for bathing. You can also make ice from these extracts and cleanse the face.
It is not enough to use external means to fight wrinkles. Healthy and youthful skin depends on many factors.
- Drink enough water (at least two liters a day). As we have said, skin aging starts when it starts to lose moisture. But not only the skin but all the internal organs need moisture. Moreover, if there is not enough fluid for the kidneys, liver, heart, etc. Sh. - More important things in terms of the body - then it will get this fluid first from the skin. Therefore, we repeat: Drink more fluids, let it be enough for everyone, do not force your body to choose who needs it more.
- Ს Proper nutrition. Your diet should be balanced.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep primarily affects the face. Sleep in a cool room with fresh air.
- Smoking and alcohol also age faster.
- Be more outdoors, lead an active lifestyle (though do not forget to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun, wind, heat and frost).
All these simple rules will help you maintain your skin for a long time.